User Support Associate - USDS
Posted Tuesday, March 14, 2023
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About USDS At TikTok, we're committed to a process of continuous innovation and improvement in our user experience and safety controls. We're proud to be able to serve a global community of more than a billion people who use TikTok to creatively express themselves and be entertained, and we're dedicated to giving them a platform that builds opportunity and fosters connection. We also take our responsibility to safeguard our community seriously, both in how we address potentially harmful content and how we protect against unauthorized access to user data.
U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone department of TikTok in the U.S. This new security-first division was created to bring heightened focus and governance to our data protection policies and content assurance protocols to keep U.S. users safe. Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S., so millions of Americans can continue turning to TikTok to learn something new, earn a living, express themselves creatively, or be entertained. The teams within USDS that deliver on this commitment daily span Trust & Safety, Security & Privacy, Engineering, User & Product Ops, Corporate Functions and more.
The Associate will play a direct role in helping to establish TikTok as our users’ favorite daily experience through processing user requests through email and a ticketing system. They will be responsible for responding in a warm and on-brand manner with a focus on first-touch issue resolution. The Associate will become skilled at using various proprietary tools to resolve users' issues and closely execute multiple standard operating procedures (SOPs) to appropriately handle various interactions. Success will be determined by productivity, quality, and resolution-based metrics.
We're looking for individuals with a passion for a streamlined user experience who thrive in a fast-paced, self-led environment and love to investigate. A high level of familiarity with the TikTok user experience is a plus.
- Respond efficiently, accurately and with compassion to users who reach out to TikTok for help.
- Learn and utilize various tools and SOPs appropriately. Stay up to date with policy and process changes.
- Contribute to strategic growth initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Effectively manage your time with the strong ability to multi-task.
- Consistently meet or exceed KPI goals.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure we are providing the best user experience through escalating issues, developing solutions and processes, etc.
Who You Are
- User first. You're obsessed with providing a first class experience to TikTok users. You put yourself in the shoes of our users to understand their experience and provide empathetic support. You're naturally patient and your last user support response of the day is always as supportive as your first. You communicate clearly and empathetically, no matter how tense a situation might be.
- Cool and calm. You like moving fast and change energizes you. You're able to quickly adapt to using a new process or tool from day to day.
- Tool proficient. You have experience with backend user support tools (i.e. Zendesk) and can quickly learn how to use new tools.
- Detail oriented. You follow complicated processes better than anyone you know. You're able to quickly spot errors and fix them.
- Team player. You ask for help when you need it. You support your peers when they ask for help. You're the first to raise your hand to try out a new process and provide feedback. You bring a positive attitude, no matter the situation, and are solution oriented.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a user support or customer service role
- Experience providing exceptional customer service via email/written channels
- Strong multi-tasking skills (you can juggle requests coming in 3 different places no problem)
- Strong written communication skills - Proficiency with computers, CRM software, and strong typing skills
- First-class time management and decision-making skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Literacy of internet culture and user behavior on social media preferred
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Recruiter: Michael Jawarish
Phone: (410) 579-3072