Posted Thursday, December 15, 2022
Posting ID: 457388
Summary: The Risk Compliance Investigator is an integral part of the Risk Management Team and will perform a variety of monitoring, compliance, and underwriting duties to mitigate financial exposure to the organization.
Essential Job Duties (this is not an all-inclusive list):
- Conduct Investigations into merchant transactional activity; including making outbound calls to merchants, customers banks and other third parties as part of the investigation
- Evaluate and validate documentation submitted by merchants related to reported general application or transactional activity
- Assess potential risk exposure and adhere to strict daily transactional deadlines
- Assess merchant compliance with industry regulations
- Initiate Credit/Holds on Merchant deposits
- Initiate risk investigation and gather supporting documentation by direct communication with merchant(s)
- Take inbound calls from merchants related to investigations, financial holds and other general Security / Risk activity
- Execute directives with sound independent judgment and confidence
- Maintain detailed and accurate records
- Maintain detailed and accurate accounting records
- Communicate with internal/external customers and across departments
- Demonstrate sound financial decision-making capabilities.
- Must adhere to the company policies, including attendance, dress code, and code of conduct
- Must be a team player and open to be a contributing member of the team whether it is supporting your department or any other department within the Talus Payments family.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- To support the vision and mission of Talus Payments
- Adhere to the Company’s General Principles:
- Engage in and promote honest and ethical conduct
- Pursue the ethical handling of conflicts
- Disclose conflicts to a supervisor or Human Resources Department
- Provide accurate and complete information in the course of fulfilling your obligations and communicate information in a timely manner
- Provide full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and the Company policies
- Seek guidance
- Promptly report any violations
- Be personally accountable
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-4 years of bankcard Acquiring preferred
- One (1) year of Risk, Fraud Prevention on either the Acquiring or Issuing side of the business
- Basic knowledge of industry chargebacks and retrievals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong ability to multi-task under an extreme pressure/time sensitive environment
- Quality focused with a passion for continued growth and improvement
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Organizational Awareness
- Team Player
- Technical Competencies
- Customer Service Oriented
- Ethical Conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to talk and hear. The job requires employees to have the ability to hear and communication in various formats (e.g., via telephone, verbal, written, etc.) to customers and co-workers throughout the day for extended periods. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and tolerate unpredictable work hours. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 20 pounds, stretch and perform other physical exertion to move equipment and/or supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; work and deadlines may impose pressure on a routine and frequent basis, substantive contacts with people in stressful situations, delicacy and unpredictability of contacts routinely may create significant/constant stress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Talus Payments is an EO Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Disclaimer: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employee(s) assigned to this job.
The employee’s signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and general duties of the position.
Requisition ID: #1158
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072