Sr Analyst, Application Support – Payment Management
Posted Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
Engage with the product at every stage, from design, through testing and then into production and support. Support the business in delivering a best-in-class customer experience to our partners around the globe by ensuring maximum operability of our systems. Uptime, response time and customer responsiveness are paramount.
The person who supports this role is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and crafting comprehensive work products and documenting requirements, including validation and traceability, for existing and new applications supporting various business channels, including payment processing. This position understands how organizations function to accomplish their purpose and defines the capabilities an organization requires to provide a service or meet goals, including processing vendor payments. This position in addition facilitates communication between business units to align the needs in order to build required work products for solution providers. The employee will be responsible for planning, advising, and completing the analysis of business problems to be solved or products/services to be developed for delivery, including processing vendor payments. This role provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost-efficient and meet user requirements for payment processing. This position assesses system impacts and provides gap and process analysis as well as cost/benefit analysis for system or product/service-related initiatives related to processing vendor payments.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and expertise to team members.
- Proficient at identifying sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Builds and maintains templates and scripts to automate and deploy code and configuration changes.
- Works with management to quickly handle and resolve sophisticated issues and outages.
- Performs system monitoring, verifying availability of all hardware, systems, reviewing system and application logs and verifying the completion of scheduled jobs.
- Monitors system performance while maintaining the parameters and thresholds required.
- Operates in a 24/7 on-call support role focused on maintaining high system availability.
- Handles day-to-day support issues ensuring effective and timely resolution. Duties include resolving and tracking user issues; designing, specifying, testing and documenting program modifications and functional enhancements.
- Creates and maintains operational requirements and standards for applications.
- Reviews design and provides risk assessments on change and delivery.
- Assists with maintaining operational security through reporting and communication of security breaches.
- Creates and guides team to create and maintain operational documentation.
- Retail payment processing or payment acquirer
- Payment analysts providing incident management support collaborating with both acquirers and business partners.
- Managing various payment acquirers, banks and card networks
- Focusing on payment channels accepting Card, Bank and Cash payments
- Responsible for reporting, payment analysis and metrics
- Responsible for driving customer impacting resolutions across various team relating payment incidents
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience. (Required)
- Work Experience:
- 4-7 years Experience working in operations or Devops environments.
- 4-7 years Experience in troubleshooting customer related issues and leading customer relationships required.
- Less than 2 years Experience in troubleshooting and configuring applications running on WebLogic.
- Less than 2 years Experience in resolving day-to-day support issues, ensuring effective and timely resolution of issues in production environment, troubleshooting internal customer related issues, and handling customer relationships.
- Less than 2 years Experience in working with Unix and Windows using command line tools for searching, scripting, and monitoring situations, including Oracle SQL scripting.
- Less than 2 years Experience in performing systems analysis in the support and operation of a large-carrier class enterprise retail system.
- 5 years payment processing experience
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- UNIX (Required)
- Windows (Required)
- MS SQL (Required)
- Communication (Required)
- Licenses and Certifications:
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Travel Required (Yes/No):Yes
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Recruiter: Michael Jawarish
Phone: (410) 579-3072