eCommerce Developer - HYBRID
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Successful team members in this role think critically, collaborate with Team Members across the organization, communicate proactively and realize how their work contributes to the Customer Experience and business results.
This is a hybrid role in Houston, TX with remote options in Texas (outside of Houston) and Illinois upon approval.
Develop & write clean, functional code that sets up websites and custom features for long-term success and growth of websites
Optimize code to align with TopSpot best practices and search engine best practices to allow for SEO friendly websites, quick page load times, strong usability, and ultimately eCommerce sales for Customers
Populate Customer content (including text, images, databases, products) into websites built using open-source content management systems. You have an eye for detail and approach your work with a high quality and understanding that the websites you build represent your Customer’s brands.
Integrate (and sometimes customize) third-party modules and applications based upon static HTML and within a Content Management System
Contribute to the Team’s website documentation to share knowledge among Web Development Team and other Technical roles
Build, test, and debug website forms and other website and server errors if they arise. You are able to critically think ahead with your code and the environment to anticipate and scenario plan for potential bugs or inconsistencies to proactively address.
Instill confidence with Customers and Teammates through your development approach, active listening, and understanding of Client & Team objectives and business. Every role at TopSpot contributes to creating a great experience with our Customers to retain and grow their business.
Enhance existing eCommerce websites by developing new features, forms, and/or customizations that present increased sales opportunities based on data analysis from Google Analytics, Lead & Call Analytics, conversion optimization on A/B and multi-variance testing.
Participate in code reviews and other team-wide improvement efforts using data analysis such as Google Analytics, Lead and form analytics solutions to understand results. You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback on code and websites to promote accountability, growth, high quality, and a great Customer and Teammate experience.
Partner with all departments across TopSpot to contribute to successful website launches that drive online leads for Customers. Examples include:
- Partnering with Sales, Customer Relationship Teams, and Paid Search Team to help scope new projects considering areas of success to build on and opportunity areas to improve on in the next iteration of the website.
- Collaborating effectively with Web Teammates including Project Manager, Designers, and fellow Developers for effective resource utilization, strategic planning, and accountability to TopSpot standards and client business objectives for a successful website and client experience.
- Collaborate with Conversion Optimization teammates and Analytics teammates to understand technical effectiveness of websites you’ve developed to consistently be evolving approach to improve website development and identify patterns.
- Work with Marketing Teams to explain technical information in an approachable manner to help Teammates learn and improve their technical knowledge
Strategically identify areas to create greater efficiencies, improve our processes & results, and support our best practices and standards in SEO, SEM, Web Design & Development, Analytics, & Video.
Continuously stay updated on the Web Development, Digital Marketing Industry & Industrial/B2B spaces to grow your knowledge and build credibility with Teammates and Customers. This includes Google Alerts, Webinars, email lists for industry websites, or social platforms like LinkedIn to keep a pulse on digital marketing, development best practices, and thought leadership in the spaces.
Experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role with the following:
- Experience developing responsive and fluid websites that meet standard best practices
- Experience developing for eCommerce content management systems, such as Magento (v1 & 2), Shopify, BigCommerce, and/or WooCommerce
- Zend Framework
- 3rd Party API Integrations
- Practical understanding of SQL and server-side scripting
- Familiarity with databases (MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (Apache) and UI/UX design
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals and how sound web development impacts results
- Experience with browser developer tools or extensions
- Strong communication skills, which include active listening and critical thinking. This is a role where collaboration through multiple communication channels (email, phone, video, in-person) are expectations to work effectively.
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects at different phases, with varying scopes, budgets, and timelines. You are flexible and adaptable in responding and accommodating reasonable changes in priorities and timelines. and communicating proactively through them.
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn new skill sets and improve upon existing ones
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Experience in ERP & POS integration
- Experience with CSS preprocessesors like SASS/LESS
- Experience working at a marketing agency or for an eCommerce brand/online store
- Experience in Google Analytics or other marketing analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of websites you’ve build
TopSpot Internet Marketing is a search engine marketing firm with a focus on accountability, transparency, collaboration, education, and delivering meaningful results for our clients. Our commitment to our customers starts with our team. We will always strive to hire extraordinary people who will bring the passion, confidence, eagerness to learn, and positive attitude that is necessary to set us apart from other companies. Customer & team loyalty is hard to find but it is crucial to the sustainable growth of our company, and we will never undervalue the opportunity to be better each day. We know the keys to our survival as a company are put people first, be better than yesterday, lead with passion, and always do the right thing.
We are 20-year digital marketing veterans continuing to bring passion and results to the industry. Bootstrapping the organization with no experience in business or digital with 5 people and growing to 130 was not luck. We truly are blessed as an organization and there have been many people that allowed this to happen – our team, our clients, our community. With the goal of being easy to work with, while also being a best place to work, investing in our innovation and growth is a no-brainer.
Recruiter: Amber Khan
Phone: (410) 579-3072