Team Lead, Digital Marketing - HYBRID
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2023
As a TopSpot Team Lead, you will help grow qualified business leads for a portfolio of new and existing Customers through personalized, integrated digital marketing strategies. You will lead and guide a Team of specialists to align with client business objectives, implement digital strategies, showcase transparent results, and provide a positive Customer experience through every interaction. This role is a customer-facing role and requires professionalism, accountability, critical thinking, and leadership to be successful with both Teammates and Customers.
This is a hybrid role in Houston, TX with remote options in Texas (outside of Houston) upon approval.
Lead a Team of Specialists in the implementation of SEO, SEM, and Conversion Optimization strategies that are rooted in TopSpot best practices to grow qualified leads for Customers. You’ll also work collaboratively with Teams across the organization and are responsible for aligning to collectively achieve Customer goals.
- Own the strategic digital marketing planning for a portfolio of Customers to grow their qualified leads and business opportunities. You’ll be responsible for Customer retention and strategic revenue growth for your Customer Relationship Team.
- Guide and develop direct reports in their strategic planning & execution and customer service. Maintain regular 1:1 conversations and rally your Teammates around a common vision. You are a leader that is comfortable holding yourself and Teammates accountable to TopSpot standards and client business objectives to generate results and provide positive client experiences.
- Strategically plan and collaborate within your Customer Relationship Team and with other Teammates across the organization to manage scopes, workloads, budgets, and client priorities. Communicate proactively among Teammates & Manager if/when work is on track or off-track to manage risks and develop plans accordingly.
- Serve as the primary contact for your portfolio of Customers and translate our digital marketing strategies, work, and results into meaningful reporting and analysis, summarizing impact on qualified leads and/or sales transparently.
- Communicate with Customers in a way that instills confidence through in-person visits, Zoom/video calls, phone calls, and email. You are someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone! You are also thoughtful & intentional about a personalized customer experience, and this shows through your communication and helpfulness with Customers and Teammates on progress, results, timelines, and deliverables.
- Partner with all departments across TopSpot in alignment with Company vision and goals. Every department contributes to creating opportunities for our Customers, providing a great experience, and retaining our Customers. Examples include:
- Working with our Sales Teams to define client business goals, growth opportunities, and benchmark data & results
- Partnering with Project Managers & Web Department on historical data & results, key differentiators & competitive analysis, to build and improve on digital marketing results in the next website’s iteration
- Working with our Analytics Team to define unique tracking or reporting tools to help guide our clients’ marketing and business decision-making
- Strategically identify areas to create greater efficiencies, improve our processes & results, and support our best practices and standards in SEO, SEM, Web Design & Development, Analytics, & Video.
- Continuously stay updated on the Digital Marketing Industry & Industrial/B2B spaces to grow your knowledge and build credibility with Teammates and Customers. This includes Google Alerts, Webinars, email lists for industry websites, or social platforms like LinkedIn to keep a pulse on digital marketing, leadership best practices, and thought leadership in the spaces.
- Experience leading a team to meet goals and deliver successful outcomes. You are capable of guiding, coaching, and having constructive conversations.
- Experience working with multiple clients or brands at once and approaching each with a high level of personalization. You are flexible and adaptable in responding and accommodating reasonable changes in priorities, timelines and communicating proactively through them.
- Customer service experience where you’ve served as a main point of contact, communicating frequently and intentionally with Customers through all communication forms (email, video, phone, in-person). You operate with a sense of urgency and a bias for action that instills confidence in your reliability and results.
- Ability to translate complex information, data, and summarize in a way that’s approachable and meaningful to different stakeholders. You can zoom out when necessary to view a project, situation, or challenge holistically to come to the best solution.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing industry including SEO, SEM, Web Design & Development.
- Excellent communication skills, which include active listening and critical thinking. This is a customer-facing role where consistent, proactive, timely, and intentional communication with Customers is an expectation as part of a great Customer experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Experience with tracking time, managing resource utilization, and forecasting time, workload, and bandwidth through a Project Management tool are a plus.
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking skills. You can perform a root-cause analysis, listen actively, and collaboratively develop solutions that are most helpful and appropriate considering all angles of a challenge/problem and putting yourself in your Teammate’s and Customer’s shoes.
- Previous work experience at a marketing agency in SEO or SEM
- Familiarity with marketing analytics & lead qualification tools; Google Analytics Certification a plus
- B2B or Industrial experience
- Proficiency in Project Management tools like MavenLink, Basecamp, Monday.com, and/or Trello
TopSpot Internet Marketing is a search engine marketing firm with a focus on accountability, transparency, collaboration, education, and delivering meaningful results for our clients. Our commitment to our customers starts with our team. We will always strive to hire extraordinary people who will bring the passion, confidence, eagerness to learn, and positive attitude that is necessary to set us apart from other companies. Customer & team loyalty is hard to find but it is crucial to the sustainable growth of our company, and we will never undervalue the opportunity to be better each day. We know the keys to our survival as a company are put people first, be better than yesterday, lead with passion, and always do the right thing.
We are 20-year digital marketing veterans continuing to bring passion and results to the industry. Bootstrapping the organization with no experience in business or digital with 5 people and growing to 130 was not luck. We truly are blessed as an organization and there have been many people that allowed this to happen – our team, our clients, our community. With the goal of being easy to work with, while also being a best place to work, investing in our innovation and growth is a no-brainer.
Recruiter: Amber Khan
Phone: (410) 579-3072