Search Engine Marketing (SEM/PPC) Specialist
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2023
In this role, the Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist is responsible for the creation and execution of search engine marketing or pay-per-click (PPC) strategies that improve relevant website traffic and ultimately drive qualified leads (and/or sales) for their Customers. This individual works strategically with Teammates & Customers, partners cross-departmentally, and communicates with TopSpot Customers directly in their role.
This is a hybrid role in Houston, TX with remote options in Texas (outside of Houston) and Illinois upon approval.
- Developing and managing paid search / SEM strategies for new and existing clients that drive relevant website traffic, leads and meet business goals
- Create and execute search engine marketing (or pay-per-click) strategies for multiple clients that are customized and in alignment with their business goals, competitive landscape, and industry.
- Performing keyword research and competitive analysis to make recommendations and improvements to paid search programs in Google Ads, Bing Ad Center, and Shopping Ads through Google & Bing
- Creating paid social ad campaigns through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Measuring the results of your SEM strategies with tools like Google Analytics, Call Analytics, and Lead Analytics tools and communicating results with Customers
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of paid search programs and other trends to our clients through email, phone calls, video calls, and in-person meetings
- Collaborate with your immediate team and cross-departmentally on integrated marketing strategies that are aligned with your client’s business goals
- Maintain and build on new and existing Customer relationships with a focus on trust, credibility, and results. You communicate with Customers in a way that instills confidence through in-person visits, Zoom/video calls, phone calls, and email. (You are someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone!)
- Experience in digital marketing or paid advertising through coursework, internships, a previous role, or you have related digital marketing experience in Google Ads, Bing Ads, or other paid media
- Experience in Google Analytics or other analytics tools where you've measured results
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to Customers & Teammates in an approachable, credible manner both verbally and in writing
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Experience using Excel and other Microsoft Office programs like Outlook, Word, and Teams
- Customer service experience where you managed client relationships or had an influence on customer experience
- You never stop learning. The online marketing world moves fast so you’ll need to keep up with industry blogs and trends and be open to sharing your insights
Not Required, but a plus:
- Business-to-Business (B2B), manufacturing, industrial industry experience
- Google Analytics, Google Ads, and/or Bing Ads experience and/or certification
- Previous work experience in marketing
- Previous experience at a digital agency
- Coursework, e-learning classes, and/or certifications around SEM, SEO, or digital marketing
TopSpot Internet Marketing is a search engine marketing firm with a focus on accountability, transparency, collaboration, education, and delivering meaningful results for our clients. Our commitment to our customers starts with our team. We will always strive to hire extraordinary people who will bring the passion, confidence, eagerness to learn, and positive attitude that is necessary to set us apart from other companies. Customer & team loyalty is hard to find but it is crucial to the sustainable growth of our company, and we will never undervalue the opportunity to be better each day. We know the keys to our survival as a company are put people first, be better than yesterday, lead with passion, and always do the right thing.
We are 20-year digital marketing veterans continuing to bring passion and results to the industry. Bootstrapping the organization with no experience in business or digital with 5 people and growing to 130 was not luck. We truly are blessed as an organization and there have been many people that allowed this to happen – our team, our clients, our community. With the goal of being easy to work with, while also being a best place to work, investing in our innovation and growth is a no-brainer.
Recruiter: Amber Khan
Phone: (410) 579-3072