Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775700
Actalent is looking for self-motivated Substation Designers and Engineers to support projects in the Houston area for a large, national EPC. Candidate will establish strong client relationships in the region and an in-depth understanding of the clients’ business objectives to determine the most effective execution strategies.
Both physical and P&C experience is needed and this is a contract-to-hire opportunity to go internal with the EPC after the preliminary period.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required
• 3+ years of Power Delivery Substation design experience required
• Previous experience managing staff, clients, contracts and hiring staff for an engineering consulting firm
• Track record of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
• Participate in development of strong client relationships and serve as a key client manager for selected clients
• Provide technical leadership/project management to ensure projects have appropriate staff and that the quality program is implemented effectively
• Manage key projects or programs, including managing technical staff and sub-consultant teams to meet project delivery needs and exceed client expectations
• Arrangements Sections Grounding Conduit Plans Foundation Plans Material Lists Relay and Control Systems Control
• Schematics and Wiring Diagrams is required
• Knowledge in/of AutoCAD/Micro-station, Microsoft Office and electrical design software such as ETAP, CDEGS, Aspen & Cape