AML Compliance Analyst (Hybrid)
Posted Thursday, May 11, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003769088
This team specifically handles investigations for JP Morgan’s Wholesale Lending Services, Branch Referrals and Consumer. They're having a first hand impact on battling Money Laundering cases for Human Trafficking, Terrorists, Drug Cartels, Scams, Mafia and Gangs, etc. They get to work on cases that we see on the news. This can be international or domestic alerts, handling wire transfers/ACH’s, PEP, Branch Referrals, Credit Card, Fraud Schemes, etc. they get exposure to a little bit of everything across the bank.
Day to Day:
Everyday the AML Investigations Team receives systemic alerts from our AML Transaction monitoring system or branch referrals that they are required to investigate. The investigator reviews the customer and activity to determine if they can justify why the alert is not risky to the bank to clear the alert. For alerts that can’t be justified as "not risky", the investigator writes a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) which is filed with FINCEN, a regulatory agency. SARs are used by law enforcement agencies across the country.
- Conduct periodic internal customer and accounts reviews to identify potential suspicious activity
- Collect and document alert, case or Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) history; customer background and Know Your Customer (KYC) information; relevant account and transaction data; plus any other required information to assist in the investigation
- Review and analyze underlying information gathered to assess reasonable cause to close or escalate an alert to SAR; prepare SARs for filing with FinCEN when applicable
- Document and summarize findings including supporting information, analysis and rationale for disposition within the case management system in a timely manner
- Build relationships with the Review and QA groups, while also effectively communicate and transfer information for investigations
- Function as a key contributor and demonstrate knowledge of money laundering and terrorist financing typologies
- Participate in individual and department goal development and execute on tactical strategies for goal attainment
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferred Bachelor degree-English, criminal justice, political science, homeland security, pre-law, business related.
- Excel Experience writing long research papers/documents, handling sensitive documents of information such as legal paperwork, financial documents
- Must have their own equipment - neither us or JP Morgan will be providing a laptop for them