Posting ID: JP-002039297
• Support launch of new and existing technologies into global inflator plants by developing innovative pyrotechnic formulations that meet inflator design goals.
• Create lab notebook planning, analyze data, and determine next steps in pyrotechnic formulation development.
• Investigate design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, and specification requirements and cost.
• Use analytical techniques and instrumentation to evaluate pyrotechnic formulations and characterize their properties.
• Complete pyrotechnic formulation qualification and validation through use of company Product Development System.
• Develop a working understanding of DOT and DOD requirements for handling and classifying pyrotechnic materials.
• Interface with internal and external customers by providing and presenting professional technical presentations.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Educational Requirements: PhD in inorganic, organic, or physical chemistry.
• Years of Experience: 5-10 yrs experience formulating and working with energetic materials. Must have the ability to formulate to meet end goals and understand the testing and characteristics required to demonstrate robustness of energetic formulations.
• A working knowledge of standard safety practices used when handling energetic materials and the willingness to use these practices on a daily basis is essential.
• Desire and ability to do hands on work in a fast paced team environment. Must be able to communicate well with others.
• Statistical Design of Experiments desirable.
• Understanding of analytical techniques used to characterize pyrotechnic formulations is highly desirable. These techniques include DSC, TGA, TMA, XRD, FTIR, moisture adsorption, various types of calorimetry, Ion chromatography, gas chromatography, surface area, particle size distribution, porosimetry, ICP, and wet analytical techniques.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Marilyn Violet
Phone: (503) 403-1922