Software Engineer SRE
Posting ID: JP-002039490
We’re looking for a Senior level SRE Engineer, Platform and Commerce to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
• Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, primarily Java
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• 5+ years development experience with Java or OOP language. Spring framework experience preferred
Software Engineer, SRE
Top Skills Details:
1. 5+ years of experience designing, building and operating large-scale production systems.
2. Experience working with automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
3. Possess troubleshooting skills and tools to do the job; spelling, wpm, handle stress, etc.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-this is on their core platform and commerce team, people with experience working on a product is preferred
-look for people who are in a large scale environment but on a smaller team
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Holly Smith