Posting ID: JP-002663646
The Oncology Laboratory Technician is responsible for preparing high-performance liquid handling robots for specimen processing. The technician must maintain patient sample integrity through demonstrating competency and repeatability in performing specimen processing as defined by the department’s standard operating procedures. This is a production environment, not a research environment.
• Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
• Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
• Working as part of a team to produce repeatable quality results.
• Maintaining a clean and organized laboratory space.
• Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Operating high performance liquid handling robots.
• Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
• Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
• Lifting up to 20lbs
• Pulling and/or Pushing
• Repetitive Motion
• Near Acuity
• Color Determination
• Depth Perception
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science
• Extensive documentation skills are required (skills can come from school)
• Strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
• No lab experience necessary outside of school, but a willingness and love for sciences and wanting to be in a lab
• Want someone passionate about learning and wants a long-term opportunity
• Can work well in a team setting and pick up things quickly
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072