Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003774982
As the Medical Receptionist
If you’re ready to explore the next step in your career:
Career Opportunities – Tons of growth opportunities for your career
Standard Hours – 100% in office role. Monday-Friday (7:30 am - 5:00 pm)
Competitive Pay - $15.00-16.00 an hour
Expedited Interviews – Access to additional Resume support and pre-interview questions
Great Benefits – Take advantage of a Blue Cross Blue Shield benefits package (Dental, vision, 401k)
Top Local Company – Join one of the largest employers and hospitals within the Hampton Roads area
A day in the role…
- Meet and greet all incoming patients, screening arriving visitors to the office all in a polite and courteous manner.
- Assist patients in completion of all paperwork, HIPPA forms and updates as well as setting up appointments with their Primary Care Provider
- Confirm patient’s insurance eligibility, copy card and confirm their PCP
- Collect co-pays and fees for services while keeping record of transactions
- Register patient in the EHR system for nurses to process triage
- Balance collections each day for next days pick up by office Medical Group.
- Participates in department staff meetings and other quality improvement activities required and volunteered for.
Skills and Strengths:
Strong Computer Skills | Great Customer/Patient Service | Medical Terminology | Patient Registration | Medical Insurance Knowledge | Insurance Payer Knowledge | EMR Systems
- 6+ months of Medial Receptionist Experience
- EMR - electronic medical records