Patient Account Representative
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003774984
As the Patient Account Representative
If you’re ready to explore the next step in your career:
Career Opportunities – Tons of growth opportunities for your career
Standard Hours – 100% in office role. Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Competitive Pay - $20.00+ an hour
Expedited Interviews – Access to additional Resume support and pre-interview questions
Great Benefits – Take advantage of a Blue Cross Blue Shield benefits package (Dental, vision, 401k)
Top Local Company – Join one of the largest employers and hospitals within the Hampton Roads area
A day in the role…
- The patient account representative will be responsible from the billing/charge posting for all of surgery encounters and the work load is split between 2 other reps.
- Responsible for entering in all encounters for surgery.
- They will take the encounter forms that the providers fill out and they will go into the patients record to extract the diagnosis codes to assign to whatever E/M services that was done.
- The encounters are paper claims that they enter into the EMR systems.
- Once they enter the charges, it is sent to the medical group and the Patient Account Reps there will make sure it goes to the insurance and is responsible for calling to collect from patients and insurance companies.
- This person won't be doing any collection, but will do follow up on their accounts.
- Department expects that they follow up on the charges they entered in the system so they can learn what they did wrong and make sure they don't make the mistake again.
- Will be working with both CPT coding and ICD10 coding.
- Review all of the office charges and make sure the codes are correct.
- Adding or editing modifiers, they will need to know how to put the correct modifier on that claim to make sure it gets approved by insurance
Necessary Skills and Strengths:
Coding Knowledge | Billing Knowledge | EMR Systems | CPT/ICD-10 Coding | AR Follow-Up Experience | Medical Terminology
- 2+ years Medical Billing/Coding Experience
- EMR Experience (AllScripts, IDX, EPIC)
- CPT and ICD-10 Coding