Technical Support Specialist
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775127
The Technical Representative is the principle customer contact for the Laboratory Chemicals Department.
- Lab Tech/ Customer service role
- Employee is expected to provide technical support to customer base, provide daily phone coverage, communicate effectively and professionally by phone, fax and email, process product inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and provide assistance to department members as needed.
- Employee is expected to process customer orders in a timely and accurate manner, perform physical inventory, and maintain/manage past due accounts.
- Employee is expected to successfully perform sales presentations which contain technical data and information to current and/or potential customers.
- Employee is expected to define the market, identify potential customers, create sales opportunities and expand sales of laboratory reagents, through sales activities to participate in marketing activities as directed by management.
- Employee is expected to assist management in planning and coordinating advertisements, campaigns, and promotional literature pertinent to the department’s products.
- Assists with all maintenance, calibration and operation of on-site instruments
- Author/edit technical training manuals, webinars and computer-based instructional manuals.
- Prepares and provides technical presentations to management when needed.
- Completes external validation and statistical analysis of performance of reagents and instrumentation.
- Problem solving for customers covering reagents, kits, procedures, adaptations, software upgrades and instruments as appropriate.
- Maintains documentation regarding all above mentioned issues.
- Performs product training/demonstrations as necessary
Laboratory, Quality Control, Validation, Chemistry, Customer service, Technical support
Good customer service skills, a good phone manner and working knowledge of Windows based software.
Ability to learn and effectively perform the required handling and testing procedures
Working knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and techniques.
Ability of identify and resolve problems; gathers and analyzes information efficiently.