Senior Systems Engineer
World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, December 21, 2022
Posting ID: 5000912853806
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Government Services team within Public Sector.
Why should you join the Government Services team?
Our Government Services team provides cleared resources with a global reach to federal civilian, Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence community markets. We excel at delivering innovative, operationally ready and cost-effective IT solutions that accelerate the interoperability and resiliency of mission critical systems.
Want to learn more about Government Services? Check us out on our platform:
We are looking for a senior-level System Engineer to serve as the Sys Admin SME for our Federal client. The position requires identifying and creating solution requirements, creating system models and architecture plans, creating system designs and test plans, and engineering, configuring, and supporting MS Windows 10 in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment. This includes supporting VMware View/Horizon, VSphere, and V-Center. The Senior System Engineer position also requires providing Tier 3 engineering support of the current OS platforms as items are escalated from Tier 2 for subject matter expert consultation. The System Engineer also functions as the technical liaison between the customer POC and product vendors to ensure the proper integration of projects. The System Engineer will also provide recommendations on potential security, speed, or system enhancements for the Virtual environment.
Candidates must have and/or be eligible for a Top Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting a Federal Agency's network infrastructure.
- Performs a wide range of services to include, but not limited to, implementation, day to day operations and support to the customer and tenant organizations
- Provide Tier II and Tier III customer support and troubleshooting
- Perform systems and configuration management, maintenance and performance monitoring of system logs and activity on all servers and devices
- Configure and maintain backups; Creates and maintains user accounts.
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain integrity and security of the network and server infrastructure
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Professional demeanor, strong customer relation skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent communicator with strong customer focus who can work with business sponsors and technologists to articulate business requirements and technology options.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction and multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting technical problems.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of VMware engineering experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of designing, implementing, and maintaining a VMware VDI (View/Horizon) environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of using Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Job Number: #22-2443
Posting Locations:Chantilly, Virginia
Falls Church, Virginia
Stamp Distribution Network, Virginia
Washington, District of Columbia
Dept Air Force Pentagon, District of Columbia
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072