Research Specialist- Coatings
Posting ID: JP-002660764
Luna Innovations is seeking a creative and motivated Polymer Chemist to contribute to fast-paced research focused on the development of new materials technologies. This position will manage and execute on existing projects related to the discovery and development of novel polymeric materials for government and commercial customers. Current application areas include the development of polymer coatings, adhesives, and paints for corrosion resistance, environmental protection, and antimicrobial efficacy. It is desired that the candidate will have a in coatings and polymer chemistry with experience in program management including idea generation, experimental design, data analysis, report writing, customer presentations, and staff mentorship.
Duties and Major Responsibilities:
• Manage and execute on research and development projects, including experimental design, problem solving, data summary and interpretation, report writing, and customer presentations
• Identify new technologies to satisfy significant market needs
• Participate and consult with the internal and external scientific community to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge to successfully conduct experiments and projects
• Participate and drive the transition of new technologies into product concepts, prototype design, and commercialization
• Maintain a positive environment with colleagues emphasizing safe laboratory practices and ethical responsibility
coatings, chemistry, formulation, research & development, laboratory, testing, synthetic procedure, product development, analytical testing, Analysis, polymer, polymer chemistry, inorganic chemistry, polymer synthesis, Paint, R&D
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in program management and laboratory research related to coating formulation, application, and testing
• Function well in a fast-paced and team oriented R&D environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
• Excellent communication, technical writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to support several disparate programs concurrently.
Due to government contracting regulations, U.S. Citizenship is a firm requirement.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072