Insurance Authorization Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002549341
This location has two openings:
- Surgeries Dept.
- Outpatient Diagnostic Testing Dept.
This individual will be working out of a work que. From that work que, there will be a list of all of the patients that require authorizations.
1. Will work in EPIC and Experion for verifying the benefits for these tests – will have to attach a referral with the authorization information to attach to the accounts within EPIC
2. Verify insurance online or via telephone. Mostly online via the insurance websites
3. Submit clinical information from the physician who is ordering the tests
4. Via secured fax, submit the clinical work for the authorization
5. Insurances will sometimes need additional information for insurance verification so there can be back and forth communication, requesting the physician office to contact the insurance provider to discuss why this patient needs the test
6. There is a legal process where essentially the insurance provider can give a hospital facility a denial, pending a peer to peer
7. They do not do the scheduling, but they need somebody who can report back when processes are not being done correctly in scheduling
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Experience submitting and coordinating authorizations
2. Insurance knowledge
3. Medical terminology
4. CPT Coding
5. Authorization process
6. Critical thinking skills
7. Understanding of diagnostic testing
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Erin Stanton
Phone: (757) 578-6775