Job Search & More
Medical Receptionist - IMMEDIATE HIRE
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911402
As the Medical Receptionist
If you’re ready to explore the next step in your career:
Career Opportunities – Tons of growth opportunities for your career
Standard Hours – 100% in office role. Monday-Friday (7:30am-5:00pm)
Competitive Pay - $15.00+ an hour
Expedited Interviews – Access to additional Resume support and pre-interview questions
Great Benefits – Take advantage of a Blue Cross Blue Shield benefits package (Dental, vision, 401k)
Top Local Company – Join one of the largest employers and hospitals within the Hampton Roads area
A day in the role…
- Meet and greet all incoming patients along with screening arriving visitors to the office in a polite and courteous manner.
- Register new patients into the system while entering their patient information and demographics accurately.
- Assist patients with paperwork completion, HIPPA forms, and updates to their records.
- Confirm patient's insurance eligibility, copy patient's card, and confirm their coverage.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Responsible for scanning documents into EMR systems.
- Check out patient's after their medical visit in order to schedule post-appointments and send outbound referrals to appropriate doctor.
- Collect co-pays and fees for services.
- Act as a guide for patients or visitors coming to the facility.
Necessary Skills and Strengths:
EMR/EHR Systems | Patient Service | Medical Scheduling Experience | Insurance Verifications | Insurance Authorizations | Patient Registration
- Medical Reception - hospital or medical practice setting
- Medical Office Experience
- Insurance Payer Knowledge
- Customer Service