Help Desk Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660561
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE AND SECURITY+ CERTIFICATION ARE REQUIRED
Top Skills' Details
1.) 0-1 year of Desktop Support experience in a Windows 7 or 10 environment - troubleshooting common workstation issues, remote support, etc. - can answer back IT troubleshooting questions
2.) Secret Clearance and Security+ CE certification
3.) Proven customer service record with strong communication skills
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions. Provides troubleshooting and support. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Participates in special projects as required.
Other Day to Day duties:
• Image, test, and install PCs and accessories for issuance to end users
• Troubleshoot laptop, desktop, and peripheral hardware/software issues and failures Perform PC part replacements to include RAM, HDD, M.2, PCIe cards, and other components as needed Complete full data recovery tasks from PCs in not bootable status
• Perform remote desktop support as needed Document device
• OEM info and agency tracking info Update notes and resolve assigned tickets
• Work with 3rd party support vendors for warranty repairs Dispose of data storage devices in compliance with agency policy Perform all PC Life Cycle replacement tasks (Identification, scheduling, data/application migration, inventory, decommissioning)
help desk, security+
Top Skills Details:
help desk, security+
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Shifts options consist of
Tuesday- Saturday 11pm-7:30am
Excellent customer skills - will be speaking with government employees, military officials and, at times, high-ranking officials.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072