100% Remote Infrastructure Project Manager
Posting ID: JP-002665949
The candidate will be responsible for designing optimized infrastructure solutions for applications hosted within our client's environment. This will involve working closely with development leads and application architects, performing technical assessments of existing environments and working with vendors as necessary to understand the requirements of the application. The Solution Engineer is responsible for designing and documenting the infrastructure solution, calculating the costs, and justifying the solution sizing to the appropriate business needs. Appropriate designs will conform to corporate standards, and utilize shared, hosted platforms where possible. All solutions must take into account the availability and security requirements of the application and address those in a cost-appropriate manner.
The successful candidate will be a recognized expert in key technologies in Unix, Windows, Vmware, Database, IT infrastructure architect and/or public cloud technologies, along with the associated software technologies. Candidate should also have a solid understanding across a broad range of other infrastructure technologies including storage and networks. The candidate should possess an interest in improving their understanding of all technical areas. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential. The role is an excellent opportunity to work alongside business and development managers across the firm, to learn the portfolio of business applications at our client and to play a key part in the design and rollout of future infrastructure solutions
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce detailed documentation describing the solution design, including the technical implementation details, and cost estimates.
- Ensure adherence to current standards by collaborating with Enterprise Architect group and platform engineers
- Ensure justification is sufficient to pass internal governance.
- Document the details in a set of work orders to enable the solution to be built correctly the first time by fulfillment team
- Perform consultancy engagements with application teams or business units to make recommendations on long term planning and help them to understand the direction of the FNM IT organization.
- Perform or assist in performing environment analyses where there have been issues with performance or availability.
- Create and optimize weekly and monthly metrics for the team.
Work Experience: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Thorough knowledge of operating systems, cloud technology, clustering, database, and other associated enterprise technologies.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure architect in high availability, scalability, resiliency and disaster recovery solution designs
- Experience with hardware server technologies, Cross-platform operating system experience is highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of virtualization technologies particularly VMWare ESX server.
- Good understanding of network topology, DMZ solutions.
- Understanding of SAN technologies and storage replication is a plus
- Understanding of networking principles including routing, and basic protocols including multicast.
- Ability to understand server utilization statistics, identify bottlenecks and translate application load requirements into server utilization projections.
- At least 6-10 years server support, engineering, or solution design experience.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072