Job Search & More
Construction Manager (Water Infrastructure)
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911609
Actalent's client is a privately owned engineering and construction firm that offers full services—consulting, engineering, construction and operations—across the project life cycle in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities.
We are seeking a Construction Manager with extensive experience in wet utility infrastructure, this is an exciting opportunity to support a piping infrastructure rebuild at the Covanta pumping station in Lorton VA. This is a planned 2 year long construction project starting in September of 2023. This is part of a "waste to energy" system where the conversion of non-recyclable waste materials into usable heat, electricity, or fuel through a variety of processes, including combustion, gasification, pyritization, anaerobic digestion and landfill gas recovery takes place. This project is critical as the current piping system is eroding heavily. This project will help provide a reliable sanitary sewer system for the Lorton community, help prevent costly repairs in the future, reduce sewer overflows, and diminish risk to public health and the surrounding environment.
The construction manager is a high responsibility position with crew oversight responsibilities. They will be inspecting subcontractors work and ensuring the project is completed on time and up to Covanta's standards. Must be capable of client facing duties and managing contractors on site, we are seeking an individual with expert level experience within wet utility pipe laying, construction, and restoration.
- Performs oversight of construction personnel working on medium-sized assigned area of the construction site.
- Ensures construction work put in place matches construction plans.
- Identifies deficiencies in constructed structures.
- Reviews contract terms and conditions.
- Ensures construction timelines, costs, and materials are in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
- Documents deficiencies, expected cost overruns, materials issues and any other related construction issue or risk related to their area of oversight.
- Prepares related reports (ex: monthly progress reports, etc.).
- Maintains daily report of construction activities.
- Communicates construction issues to project leadership.
- Escalates issues to appropriate design staff for resolution.
- Communicates issue resolution to appropriate construction staff and closes the loop with project leadership when documented issues are resolved.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High School diploma or Vocational Technical degree or equivalent. 12 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Recruiter: Christopher Stern
Phone: (410) 567-8065