Posting ID: JP-002351821
In need of a Roll Repair Laborer
-Inspecting and repair of West Rock package board rolls. These large rolls are paper used for packaging and boxes for their clients.
- Removal of original packaging to inspect rolls for damage and to determine if any noted damage is repairable or deemed excessive and non- repairable per Roll"
- Should damage is to be found that is repairable, below are the steps that need to be taken:
- Place roll on round so that label can be seen
- Note direction of unwind arrow of label on roll
- Cut label off of roll and place it on the floor beside the roll ot be refinished with the unwind arrow pointing in the same direction as when affixed to the roll.
- Remove headers and wrappings as needed
- Carefully remove (cut) a few laps removed of paper at a time until all of the damaged layers have been removed.
- tape the "tail" of the roll of paper
- Count the number of layers or laps removed from the roll. Not the order number, roll number, and number of laps removed for refinished.
- Stacking and removal of cut sheets from the work area as needed
- Recording of all rolls inspect or repair on a daily basis
- Accurrately applying new labels to rolls once repaired
- Keep work area clean and organized
_ Follow safety policies
- Ensure rolls are repaired and or inspected in a timely manner to avoid shipping delays
- Communicate with Warehouse Supervisor on daily basis to determine priority or rolls to be repaired.
General Labor, Inspection, warehouse, Material Handling, Laborer, Quality Assurance
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jacob Baker