Low Voltage Electrician
Posting ID: JP-002257914
In need of 1 low voltage technician to work locally in the Hampton Roads. They will be updating the systems and running new wires in commercial buildings. They will work with electricity ranging from 0-50 volts. Our techs will be monitoring contractors pulling wires and handling materials for their clients. Candidates will be responsible for security, audio, video access control, telecom installations and service.
Must show up on time and be open to the flexible schedule. Install, test, terminate and troubleshoot CAT5, CAT6, coax, and other low voltage cable for voice/data/video/security in new and existing offices, stores, and buildings.
Must be able to recognize and locate routers, switches, demarcs, phone systems, access points, printers and fax machines.
Must be able to follow installation manuals and install cash registers, computers, printers and other equipment.
1. Load and unload materials and tools.
2. Safely and efficiently install and connect copper LAN wiring, telephone wiring, and fiber optic cables, in strict accordance with written and oral specifications and instructions.
3. Solve installation and connection problems safely and efficiently as they arise on the job.
4. Assimilate new methodologies, technologies and concepts relating to cable installation and connection.
5. Maintain proper documentation and paperwork.
6. Work effectively and efficiently with customers and supervisors.
7. Communicate effectively and efficiently with customers and other contractors.
8. Perform job duties and functions with minimal supervision from Cable Technician Foreman or other job supervisors where appropriate.
9. Effectively and efficiently train and supervise Assistant Cable Technicians and Helpers.
NO PPE OR MEDICAL MONITORING REQUIRED
NO CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Top Skills Details:
Low Voltage, Electrician, electrical, commercial, retail, cable, cable puller, audio, video, security, fire alarm, nurse call, cctv, telecommunication
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have very good computer skills, tablet/smartphone skills. Must have own smart phone.
Electrical experience and fiber experience very helpful.
BICSI certification a plus
DCJS certification a plus.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072