Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 17, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003909580
• Triage of incoming patients by obtaining vital signs, chief complaint, reconcile medication list, reconcile allergies, assess smoking status and prepare patient for the visit.
• Prepare exam rooms for patient visits, restocking of the clinical area and exam rooms. Sterilize instruments when used and maintain medical equipment.
• Appropriately document interventions in the electronic medical record. Review the chart for completeness, test results and billing.
• Scan upcoming appointments for additional medical record information necessary. Obtain medical records from other physician offices, hospitals, labs, emergency rooms and radiology prior to patient visit.
• Complete all “tasks” assigned to individual team (as well as covering for other MA’s who may be temporarily absent). This includes responding to patient messages, prescription refills, lab results, referrals, home health agencies, medication prior authorizations, patient forms and follow up from physicians. All tasks must be reviewed, addressed and marked appropriately before the close of each business day.
• In their roles as team members in the Patient Centered Medical Home, MA’s are also asked to administer and collect patient satisfaction surveys, contact patients in between visits to assess medical status and medication adherence.
• Follow EVMS protocols related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality. Complete annual recertification for OSHA, Blood Borne Pathogens, Compliance, Respiratory FIT and IT policy. Maintain current CPR certification MA certification.
• MA staff is required to fill in for other clinical staff during vacations and illness and perform other duties as assigned by physicians or supervisors.
Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical assistant, emr, customer service, family medicine
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ year of medical assistant experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience using Allscripts
Recruiter: Sarah Mollerick
Phone: (410) 694-5208