Service Desk Analyst
Posting ID: JP-002133208
Our Customer is a premier technology service provider that delivers military-strength data security, innovative solutions, and a best-in-class customer support experience to enable mission readiness and success for the most critical applications. Their enterprise data centers serve millions of users around the world, supporting system environment needs for organizations throughout the Joint Forces, Department of Defense, and Army.
This datacenter supports over 150K users in the US Army and hosts over 80 applications for the departments of the US Army.
As part of the Enterprise Services Division - Service Desk, incumbent will be responsible for:
• Fielding user communication, creating and documenting tickets, troubleshooting, and escalation.
• This includes initial support and analysis for correct classification, ticket ownership, monitoring, tracking and communication, resolution and recovery of incidents not assigned to second tier support, closure of incidents, monitoring the status and progress towards resolution of assigned incidents, and communication to relevant parties on incident progress.
• Incumbent is responsible to abide by standard Service Desk policy and process, including shift scheduling and performance metrics.
The individual will receive initial 4-6 weeks of training Monday through Friday, 0800-1630. After training is complete, incumbent will be expected to move to 3rd shift (2230-0900). These are 10 hour shifts that cover three weekdays and every other weekend. Full schedule is available upon request.
• Minimum of 1 year of service/help desk or customer service support desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation, MS Office Suite, use of help desk/trouble ticketing software (prior use of ServiceNow preferred).
• New Service Desk analysts are required to earn ITIL v3 Foundations Certification within 90 days of hire date.
• Must possess minimum Interim Security Clearance (Full Clearance must be granted in order to remain employed)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Extremely professional and customer service oriented. Must have great communication skills - written and verbal. They do not like people that lack effective communication skills - if they ramble on or talk in circles they will not be a fit.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072