PC Disposal Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660540
Techs get to site at 8am, checks out vehicle from our Client's location, hit roads (pre-planned route across areas of state for the agencies) and is back by end of the day to drop off car. While on-site at agencies - get to site, open up excel spreadsheet with PC list, go to agencies and scan PC assets to verify picking up, generate pick up ticket, then digital signature to officially check out. They do this at each locations. If needed, techs will also hook up PC's in tech lab and double wipe hard-drive data.
1.) Basic PC/MS Office background - this positions is entry level, so any kind of studying/certification/degree with experience in MS office
2.) Clean background and driving record - this role goes through State Police background check, fingerprints and they need a spotless driving record via DMV (driving roughly 85% of the time)
3.) Can lift 50 pounds, reliable, punctual and can follow road-map instructions
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Team Size: 27 people total; 19 refresh techs and 5 disposal techs
- Car is issued by our Client as is all other equipment for project: they pick up and drop off car at location each day (unless staying overnight). Our Client covers all mileage costs for consultant via a gas card
- For over-night stays, those are typically every 2-3 weeks for one night and typically in geographically-disperses areas of the state (Southwestern Virginia, etc.) - hotel costs are covered on the front end and the Tech's will be able to get re-imbursed for up to $25 for dinner that evening
- Need VITA fingerprints and Our Client's backgrounds back with fingerprints completed and DMV check prior to starting. Will run VSP background check within 30 days of starting.
- This work is considered "essential" and is on-site, no remote work. **Our Client provides a cloth mask and gloves to consultants and they are required to wear a mask while on-site**
- No over-time allowed
- Parking: For disposal techs they park on the street or in the agency parking since they have a company vehicle. No paying for parking.
- ability to get one's foot in the door in IT and impact a large, state-wide project
- consultant is paid from time leaving the facility with the car until they park it at the end of the day - standard 40 hour workweeks
- all expenses are covered for this as is the vehicle - no need to pay out of pocket/get re-imbursed for anything or drive one's own vehicle. Company vehicle provided as well as a gas card
- fast paced and deadline oriented
- need to be able to lift at least 50 pounds comfortably
- lots of driving (85% of day) and some overnight work
- detail oriented and ability to follow roadmaps and scripts for agency PC disposal
- like already mentioned; A drug test, Background Check, DMV driving check, and VITA fingerprints are REQUIRED for this role.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072