Job Search & More
Accounts Payable Specialist
Posted Monday, July 17, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003910765
Accounts Payable Specialist | Remote | Contract
Looking to join a nonprofit scholarship funding organization that is rooted in equal education opportunities? Are you self-driven, and comfortable as an individual and team contributor? This role supports our amazing Accounts Payable team to support all aspects of the organization.
• Flexible Work Schedule- Take advantage of our company's flexible work environment with a 100% REMOTE work schedule
• Competitive Pay- Qualify for our competitive base salary, and get paid weekly
• Benefits Package- Take advantage of our ideal Healthcare & 401K benefits package
A Day in the Role…
- Process reimbursements needs in a timely manner
- Assist with AP automation process
- Research and code a high volume of invoices
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing report compensation schedules to balances due.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying and resolving invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Correcting job cost errors by creating memos to correct any errors.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling weekly/monthly statements and related transactions. Research and address open activity contained on vendor aging statements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Skills and Strengths Necessary To Be Eligible:
Accounts Payable | Reconciliations | Journal Entries | Microsoft Excel |
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, preferred
- Solid understanding of basic accounting
- ERP experience