Mechanical Design Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665457
• Work with multi-disciplined team including sales, manufacturing, suppliers etc. to develop machinery and roll solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Designs, implements, and refines manufacturing processes for reduced cost, increased capacity, quality, and productivity.
• Responsible for the accuracy of all released engineering
1. Help find solutions to customer requests. Assist with customer inquiries regarding technical applications, quoting, manufacturing, and delivery capabilities, etc.
2. Check product design and specifications for compatibility with manufacturing capabilities and value (internal or external).
3. Perform applications and design engineering functions to meet customer needs for specifying, quoting and manufacturing. Recommend changes in design or specifications as needed to reduce cost, add value, increase manufacturing efficiency or improve performance.
4. Prepare cost estimates, including overall manufacturing costs.
5. Process quotations listing pricing, specifications and exceptions.
6. Perform project management duties in support of order processing and manufacturing including coordination with customers, suppliers, outside sales representatives and all internal functions.
7. Sets up preliminary manufacturing routings and assists in providing solutions to shop problems.
mechanical engineering, autocad, autocad inventor, Design, process design, application design, sheet metal
Top Skills Details:
mechanical engineering,autocad,autocad inventor
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MUST HAVES: 3-5 years of design Experience within a manufacturing setting, specifically within experience with material flow process improvement projects. ME Degree
Nice to Have: Experience with sheet metal, working with fabrication shops. Any experience with rollers would be a plus. Any work with laminating, rubber, or plastics would translate well.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072