Legal Assistant (Remote)
Posting ID: JP-002661199
A candidate for this role will have proficient knowledge and experience handling garnishments within the court system or an attorney's office in order to properly adhere to daily tasks.
• Reviews, identifies and translates applicable laws on court legal Attachments served on the bank for placement (restrictions and holds) against member accounts
• Identifies, researches and interprets codes and laws cited on Attachments to determine appropriate restrictions and processing for accounts, responses to requesting agencies and to meet restricted due dates
• Specialist actions to be taken based on new codes cited
• Reviewing account information to determine if they fall under certain criteria and/or other exemptions governed by state laws to determine appropriate restrictions to be placed on an account
• Processes restrictions on reviewed member accounts in compliance to federal and state laws and deadlines
• Processes restrictions on the member's account as required by State and Federal Laws by placing restrictions and/or holds on affected accounts
• Scheduling and adhering to court imposed deadlines. Tracks, monitors and records documents and restrictions placed on member accounts. Updating and maintaining a database tracking system with pertinent information from legal Attachments.
- Fully remote to start
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Reliable company with strong core values
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Kelly Makowske