Posting ID: JP-002351665
Aerotek is currently ramping up for a large number mechanics for immediate employment. This is due a few recent contract that were awarded that will involve individuals to perform heavy maintenance (c checks) on Dash-8's (5 aircraft for 15 months of work). They do have other modifications coming as well. Looking to employ individuals for on a direct hire but open to contract employees based on what the individuals may want.
Location: Bridgewater, VA
Scheduled-mon-fri (1st shift) but must be flexible because they may create other shifts to offset the work.
Pay : $21.50 taxed/ $17.50 untaxed
OT Pay: 32.50 taxed
- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems
Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft are ready for operation
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and FAA/manufacturer publications and directives to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
- Read and interpret pilots' descriptions of problems to diagnose causes
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools
- Inventory and ordering supplies, parts, materials, and equipment
- Check for corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail
- Be a source of technical knowledge and instruction to other mechanics
Aircraft, heavy maintenance, dcma, A&P mechanic, dash-8, dhc8, kingair, c12, MRO, C check, D check, DOD, Beech1900, Beech 1900, modification, installation
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- A&P LICENSE preferred
- 4 years maintenance experience on aircraft
- Dash-8 or Kingair experience preferred
- Experience in a DCMA environment
- Must provide own tools
- Must be eligible for a Secret clearance
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Madison Shealy