Posting ID: JP-002660135
This project will be supporting the Substation Design and Engineering group with a large local utility. As a Civil Engineer, you will be working on multi-disciplinary project teams however most of the interaction will be with the Electrical Assembly engineers that are part of the Substation Design and Engineering group and Project Managers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a working knowledge of local agency stormwater requirements including the Department of Ecology Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington and the King County Surface Water Design Manual and be able to independently size stormwater mitigation facilities and prepare drainage reports.
- Provide permit information to Municipal Land Planners to support permit package/application
- Coordinating with outside consultants such as Geotechnical Engineers, Landscape Architects, and Surveyors supporting the projects.
- Engineer does not need to have Microstation/AutoCAD experience. The Engineer will provide mark-ups to the Engineering Specialist utilizing BlueBeam software. Drafting is completed by an engineering specialist in Microstation.
- Foundation and Structural design experience is desired but not a requirement. Working knowledge of building codes pertaining to electrical substation structures and foundations would be helpful. Engineer may be asked to design site-specific/equipment-specific foundations, develop or revise structural drawings.
- Projects vary widely in scope and can range from equipment upgrades in existing substations to full station rebuilds and/or new substations.
- Periotic site visits to project locations/substations throughout service territory to verify site conditions for design and support construction projects in process.
- Use Microsoft products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams to effectively communicate and stay organized.
Preparing plan sets for permitting and/or construction including but not limited to:
i. Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control Plan
ii. Site Plans
iii. Grading Plans and Details
iv. Drainage Plans and Details
v. Fencing Plans
vi. Foundation Plans
vii. Structural Plans
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072