Medical Laboratory Technician
Posting ID: JP-002661803
Performs assays accurately and timely on patient samples using a variety of automated and manual testing procedures to aid physician in patient diagnosis and treatment.
Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, safety, environmental and infectious control standards so that the laboratory remains in compliance with accreditation and licensing agencies.
• Perform assays and evaluate results for abnormal, critical, or alert values
• Perform and document quality control, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on assays and instruments
• Identify emergency or STAT situations
• Answer telephones, provide results, and contact physician's offices or nursing stations with results of STATS, critical or alert values
• Collects specimens and delivers to the appropriate areas of the laboratory
• Receive and distribute supplies
• Assist in care and maintenance of work area
• Must be self-motivated
• ASAP Start
• Techs are not required to do draws
ascp certification, medical technology, medical lab technology, MA-P, chemistry, hematology
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Two-year degree with MLT or equivalent certification (ASCP) OR Bachelor's Degree with MT or equivalent certification (ASCP)
• If assigned to night shift or work location off-site from the hospital laboratory, Washington State Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy license required. Washington State Medical Assistant - Phlebotomy license application must be completed within 7 days of hire, and must obtain active license within 60 days of hire. Employee will not be authorized to practice phlebotomy independently until license is obtained.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072