Posting ID: JP-002660246
As an Associate Buyer, you will be responsible for facilitating the timely order and flow of materials, components, and supplies to support production. You'll issue purchase orders to approved suppliers, ensure just-in-time delivery of orders, resolve issues, expedite deliveries to resolve shortages, and optimize inventory levels.
What you will do:
• Issue Purchase Orders for materials, components, equipment, indirect materials, and services from sources in accordance with Approved Supplier List to support requirements
• Obtain and track scheduled deliveries from suppliers
• Validate and communicate schedules and forecasts to ensure suppliers are aligned with delivery and production schedules
• Manage part shortages and expedites
• Support resolution of issues and propose action plans
• Schedule and procure NPI (New Product Introduction) requirements
• Track invoicing and payments as required
• Support engineering changes and communicate those changes to suppliers
• Manage RMA (Return Material Authorization) and RTV (Return to Vendor) process
• Support monthly closing with credit card reconciliation
• Issue Indirect Purchase Orders for facility goods and supplies
• Perform monthly reconciliation of Open Purchase Order Report
• Other related duties as required
Core Functions: Purchasing lower volume but higher price materials, follow up with suppliers on deliveries, on hand inventory maintenance, ability to work with other various departments, materials (sheet metal/machine part/carbon fiber/fasteners/kits) and indirect materials for facility/office, ensuring schedules are provided to suppliers.
- Working with suppliers of 10, with some additional 10 with special products.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-2+ years of relevant experience (Aerospace, Automotive, Production Ideal but open)
• Previous aerospace, medical or automotive work experience is a plus
• ERP experience is preferred
• MS Office Suite proficient (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Oracle Customer Resource Management tools and QuickBooks is particularly desirable.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Philip Mendola