Job Search & More
High Risk Patient Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish)
Posted Thursday, July 13, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003901709
Responsible for administrative activities within the Medicaid Risk Adjustment Coordinator duties. The Coordinator identifies patients with complex conditions by way of Risk Adjustment reports that support Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) care gaps.
The Risk Adjustment Coordinator will be responsible Maintaining HCC data through excel spreadsheets. This would require making medical appointments and contacting patients via phone on the behalf of Sea Mar. The ideal candidate must possess some problem-solving skills and must be able to communicate efficiently with our patients and be sensitive to their needs. Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of work ethic and professionalism as well as be able to multi-task and properly use basic office software.
- Utilizes patient-centered motivational interviewing techniques to build rapport and help patients improve their health.
- Supports the Revenue Cycle manager by providing outreach to decrease the number of patients lost to care, non-compliant in follow up care or disconnected from primary care provider. Participates in the development, maintenance, and adjustment of individualized care gaps for high-risk patients that address Medical conditions.
- Acts as a professional liaison between Coder and Lead team on behalf of patients to ensure patient-centered care coordination.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of working with high risk patients or chronic conditions
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Previous experience in customer service, medical office work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Computer and typing skills are required
- Scheduling experience 1+ year a plus
- Prior experience or working knowledge of electronic health records preferred/ Epic Practice Management/Electronic Medical Records experience a plus
- Associate degree allied health a plus
- Patient advocacy
- Excellent verbal, customer service, and written skills necessary
- Good organizational skills are a must