Posting ID: JP-002179083
As a resourceful, hands-on Trailer Mechanic, you will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty trailers with minimal supervision; including preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, suspension and electrical systems troubleshooting.
- Determine trailer condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests and identifying worn and damaged parts
- Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; install component and part upgrades; control corrosion
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts or systems, such as brakes, steering, hydraulics, make adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, valve mechanisms and governors.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems
- Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards
- Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Competitive hourly rate; DOE
- Opportunity for growth and development
- M-F schedule (some OT); paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual of 3+ weeks
- Group Health, Dental, Vision
- 401k Retirement Planning w/ company match
8:30AM - 5PM OR 9AM-5PM, M-F
Recruiter: Carrier, Madison