Job Search & More
Communications Specialist 5
Posted Thursday, July 13, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003901739
The main function of a Communications Specialist is to assist corporate communications with message development, writing, and editing.
• Responsible for ensuring timely, creative and accurate dissemination of news, multimedia content and information
• Create a variety of content for platforms, ensuring quality, accuracy and effective storytelling that aligns with corporate messaging
• Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
• Works closely with Client's Product corporate sales team to write and finalize monthly and annual press release.
Storytelling Program: Deliver Customer and People & Culture Stories – Track and identify top customer wins across major groups and create regular drumbeat of Industry Solutions (IS) customer stories and assets for amplification across exec, internal, external channels. Track and identify People & Culture stories and deliver storytelling through written, video, podcast, or other form that aligns to MS culture moments. Partner with IS Comms Lead in design of comm strategies, develop assets, and land campaigns aligned to top MS Culture moments to amplify across IS.
Central SharePoint & IS Vehicle Audit and Management: Deliver SharePoint Audit and Management - management of IS Central as a primary information and news vehicle for IS employees. Interface with IS Creative Studios and Prowess in support of IS-owned SharePoint site development and ongoing presence (includes over two dozen hub-associated sites in FY23). Create audit status report.
Comms Special Projects: Deliver Special Projects Support - Support of special projects and events in support of IS Comms strategic priorities and initiatives.
Executive Communications Projects: Delivery Executive Communications projects support - Support special projects and events related to the IS Executive.
Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects:
• Business group - Industry Solutions Growth & Ops
• Surrounding team / Purpose of this team -
• Key projects – deliverables……….
• Reason for the request - Backfill: Non CS Contractor – team member got moved to another team
• Motivators for this need – skills
• Budget approved - Yes
Typical Day in the Role:
• Typical task breakdown
o 30% meetings
o 70% work
• Interaction level
o With HM: low
o With team: high
• Chance for extension later – yes
• Expected working hours – 8-4 or 9-5, flexible
• Location requirements & HTRX details
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
PREFERRED (Degrees or certifications, green flags, all other)
• Previous experience with MCAPS
• Basic knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or equivalent experience
Best vs. average
• Best: has worked with executives, hit the ground running, self starter
• Quality of work
We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage
based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may
depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, dental & vision
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life &
- Short and long-term disability
- Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HAS
- & DCFSA)
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off/Leave (PTO, Vacation, or Sick Leave)