HR Assistant - CRC
Posting ID: JP-002265034
The CRC provides assistance to employees who are impacted by COVID-19, in the form of accurate, consistent, and timely responses to inquiries via phone and web case.
We are currently building a team of CRC Associates that will be dedicated to assisting employee questions via phone and processing web case about time away from work due to COVID-19. In this role, team members will interact directly with employees in a way that builds trust and displays empathy by providing accurate information and resolving issues. Associates must be able to listen actively to employees concerns and questions, and provide complete and accurate information about HR policy, time off policy, pay impacts, benefits information, and other HR items.
As a CRC Associate, your responsibilities will be:
• Serve as the support contact for employees with questions about their time away from work due to illness
• Take ownership of employee contacts ensuring that each contact is accepted and resolved with a high degree of customer focus
• Build customer trust by empathetic handling of sensitive issues
• Resolve queries by referring to documentation such as frequently asked questions and standard operating procedures and escalate when these cannot be resolved
• Receive queries via phone or web case and log contacts into the shared service case management system
• Handle customer absence claims end to end and contact customers to inform them of resolution, when appropriate
• Assess new claims and make accurate classifications about the type of absence required
• Contact employees as needed and keep them updated on the status of their claim
• Ensure all tasks and decisions are rendered within SLA
• Navigate ambiguous claim requests and apply good judgement about how to apply policy and regulations to the case in question
HR Assistant, HR Case management, Leave and Disability, Claims processing, Customer resolution
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
3+ year of contact center or equivalent experience.
Excellent verbal communication skills
Knowledge of US federal and state leave and disability laws
Compensation is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. Other locations may be subject to variances based on locations-related factors.
We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, dental & vision
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life & AD&D)
- Short and long-term disability
- Health & Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HSA & DCFSA)
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time Off/Leave (PTO, Vacation or Sick Leave)
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072