Posting ID: JP-002664808
- Description: Electrical Engineer
- The engineering service company has an opportunity in our Seattle, Washington office for an Associate Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. Work would include electric utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages. Preferred experience would include assessment and development of design bid packages for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, coordination of conflicting utilities, work permit development, design of mainline and vault medium voltage switchgear, network system design, and distribution system protection and coordination requirements.
- BS Degree in Engineering (EE preferred but open to Mechanical or Civil)
- 1-2 years of experience working directly with electrical utility, utility consulting, or utility design firms (school projects are applicable)
- Candidates must provide their own transportations (bus and parking not paid for while on contract)
- 12 -Month Contract-to-Hire
- Work Environment
- 10%-30% working with client in office or field visit
- 60%-80% Engineering and development of design packages for customer
- 10% admin/planning/customer follow-up
***This is a great opportunity for entry-level engineers looking for a long-term career in power utilities***
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072