Data Analyst (Publishing/Copywriting)
Posting ID: JP-002662212
We are actively hiring a Data Analyst (Copywrite/Publishing) for the largest eCommerce company in the world.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Create and manage recurring audits on title metadata, vendor data, title assets and storage; act on findings as necessary, and report audit progress against goals to support team activities.
- Maintain copyright registration process, execution, and reporting.
- Establish editorial issue validity using basic grammar and spelling knowledge, balancing clarity and accuracy with creative intent.
- Each day will vary somewhat, but over the course of a week they will complete copyright registrations, recurring metadata audits, and ad hoc content audits in response to issues reported by customers. They will be coordinating progress across all workstreams they own each week, completing the most critical work on time. They will work closely with the Metadata Quality and Content Quality teams as part of the core deliverables. This position will have a weekly meeting with members of the Content Quality and Metadata Quality teams as well as recurring email, and ad hoc communications as needed. Provides exposure to working in publishing with a strong focus on auditing and quality in order to positively impact our authors’ experience within Publishing. This position also offers a chance to work closely with two different teams, for a bit more exposure than a standard role supporting a single team.
- BA/BS Required
- 2 or more years of experience with data quality analysis, publishing operations and editorial quality, or copyright registration.
- Intermediate MS Office Excel experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proven ability to conceptualize and execute deadline-driven projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with copy-editing and proofreading experience
- Ability to effectively deal with a high level of ambiguity and insist on high standards
- High attention to detail, comfortable with hands-on management of tasks
- Basic SQL skills
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
1. Excel experience
2. data analysis
3. editing skills (proofreading and/or copy-editing)
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Halle Dutro
Phone: (425) 893-6064