User Experience Designer III Courtney Ryan (70653-1 )
Posting ID: JP-002663732
Daily schedule: M-F; 40 hrs.
Amazon Services is seeking a talented, passionate User Experience Designer for our WebStore business. We are leveraging Amazon's ecommerce and merchandising technology to build a best-in-class product that enables retailers and manufacturers to easily sell their products through their own branded website, over the phone, and/or in their retail stores, backed by the support, selection and expertise that only Amazon can provide.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person interested in designing innovative, intuitive web applications used by sellers to manage their inventory, orders, and customer-facing website. The ideal candidate knows how to leverage visitor data to inform their recommendations and measure their design solutions. An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users is an absolute must; this role will significantly impact the user experience of thousands of retailers and manufacturers by optimizing their ability to manage their multichannel ecommerce business.
• Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements via empirical online data, usability findings, market research, and proven UCD principles.
• Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data using Omniture SiteCatalyst.
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon.com executives for review and feedback
• Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards.
• Provide leadership in the area of ecommerce trends, web application design, and user interface innovations.
• 7+ years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
• A strong online portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions is required.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
• Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects:
Friendly, supportive, interesting work, collaborative
Reason/motivation for request: New temp worker needed
Typical Day in the Role:
Weekly schedule: depending on project, typical business hours
Any OT: no
Doing research to understand end user, business wire frames, interviews, feedback, correct & end write, conducting usability studies, pre and post launch
Extend the assignment?
Conversion to full time? conversion
Compelling Story & Candidate Value Proposition:
Designer-direct access to end users
Not customer obsessed
- Customer obsession
- Deliver results
- Earn trust
Top must-have hard skills:
1. Functional design skills
2. Customer obsession
Interview Prep for Candidate 1 via chime
functional design, detail oriented
Top Skills Details:
functional design,detail oriented
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Reagan Rebstock