Lead Network Engineer-$100,000-$120,000
Posting ID: JP-002663768
TEKsystems is currently seeking a Lead Network Engineer for a permanent opening located in Spokane, WA. This position can sit REMOTE within 1 hour of Spokane to come on-site as needed for projects/meetings.
*CCNA, CCNP or CCDA highly desired
This position will provide design, troubleshooting and operational support for network services. As a network delivery principal, you will be supporting on multiple networking projects and in life operational support of day-to-day networking activities. These activities include identifying and resolving application or environmental network issues as tier 2 to the organization as well as lead and assist other Network team members in global projects.
- Contribute to team effort by delivering and developing technical solutions; supporting proof-of-concept efforts; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Identify application or environmental issues.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support to clients and assist in system analysis.
- Identify any requirements by establishing personal rapport with persons in the position to provide solutions.
- Maintains quality service by following organizational standards.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; attaining product certifications.
- Maintain equipment and systems by designing, implementing, and supporting end to end network infrastructure and ability to perform software/firmware upgrades etc.
- Cisco CCNA/CCDA Preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Network Engineering (recent experience and technologies)
- Knowledge and experience with Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) as well as HSRP/VRRP. Multicast IPv4 and IPv6 knowledge.
- Hands-on experience with L2/L3 solutions with Cisco Nexus 5xxx/7xxx/9xxx/22xx series and Catalyst 3750-X/3850-X.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with Cisco Catalyst Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 3xxx, RSM; Cisco Routers 7x00, 4x00, 3600, 2600, 2500, 1900, 800;
- Ability to design and migrate from older multivendor environments.
- Experience with Wireless Infrastructure design and implementation Cisco/Aruba.
- Strong understanding of Secure access solutions Cisco ISE/ACS/Clearpass.
- Cisco ASA Firewalls Palo-Alto, Fortinet etc.
- Networking industry experience in handling various switched and routed data networks & protocols in a multi-platform environment with high availability.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing proposals, reports and documentation.
- Ability to verbally translate and articulate complex technical issues for the advocacy of non-technical users.
- Fundamental SAN networking knowledge
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written, strong preference to other languages German and French
- Lead projects autonomously
- SD-WAN/SD Networking/SASE experience
- Experience in Cisco APIC-EM or DNA Center or other Scripting experience
- Experience use and or configuring and sizing NMS such as SolarWinds
- Ability to implement, configure, and troubleshoot Cisco FirePOWER Next-Generation Firewall Services.
- Desired Virtual networking knowledge with vSphere 5.x/6.x standard and distributed vSwitches and/or Cisco Nexus 1000V, Cisco ASR/CSR
- Fundamental SAN networking knowledge
- Desired knowledge in networking to facilitate Cloud solutions, connectivity, security etc. (Azure)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072