Market Accounts Specialist- Remote
Posting ID: JP-002660349
- Set-up or close sites and/or accounts, and process supplier changes to ensure accurate data
- Research and complete exceptions including unknowns, inactive, and approval to pays before reaching out to client.
- Maintain accurate general ledger codes, vendor codes and any other file related data
- Assist in resolution of team issues such as shut-offs, increase in late fees or service failures
- Contact vendors via fax or phone to update mailing addresses for existing clients when necessary
- Review Final Bill report and send to client for review.
- Ensure summary bills are resolved and balanced for consolidations
- Complete any necessary payment research to ensure client accounts remain current and services remain on. Includes working with accounting, pcard, EFT, and internal team members
- Answer incoming calls from utilities, clients and vendors
- Understand all cost and consumption reporting capabilities of reporting platforms
- Ensure that follow-up, email, and correspondence are completed in a timely manner
- Support and maintain team metrics given by supervisor/manager
- Data Entry of on-going, resource and history bills as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or the equivalent
- Requires two years of clerical and/or customer related work experience
- Must have solid strong computer skills, to include familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Must have excellent phone skills and customer service
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and use time management tools
- Ability to demonstrate basic mathematical aptitude
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player who is detail oriented, dependable and adaptable
- Must be flexible with schedule and available for overtime work as needed
- Ability to be proactive in order to provide superior service to clients
- Basic understanding of client accrual files and reporting
- Must be able to adapt to change easily
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Stephanie Yonko