Posting ID: JP-002179034
- Requires employee to install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial settings.
- Employees also repair and refurbish machinery and equipment in accordance with factory standards.
- Work performed on customer sites will require overnight travel extending over several days at a time.
- Install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans; blueprints, or other drawings.
- Fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments
- May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures
- Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines and mechanical equipment in repair
- Duties may involve pipe fitting, welding, machining, carpentry, or mechanical equipment, installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment, using hoist, jacks, hand tools, squares, rulers, and micrometers, operate heavy equipment when needed, i.e.; cranes, forklifts, and jackhammers. Perform other duties as assigned or needed by supervisor that employee can safely perform.
Job Requirements and Capabilities:
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Follow instructions and read blueprints
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects
- Work at heights without fear
- Work in confined spaces without fear
- Use logical step by step procedures in work
- Plan work and solve problems
- Make decisions based on measurable information
- Perform a variety of duties which may often change
- Operate machinery
- Coordinate eye hand movements
- Use hands and fingers fully
- Have color vision and depth perception
- Reach for, manipulate, and feel objects
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures
- See and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Lift and carry objects weighing up 50 pounds
- Employee should be able to overcome and adapt to diversity to accomplish the job to our customers satisfaction.
Schedule: Day shift, M-F, occasional OT, weekend shifts, travel or on call.
Recruiter: Carrier, Madison