Job Search & More
(Maritime) Project Manager
Posted Friday, July 7, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003891053
A Marine Industrial company is looking to hire a project manager to help support their Seattle facility!
- Defines, develops, and maintains production execution for assigned project. Maintains close support to assigned customers.
- Consideration of WIM departments and resources to meet project / contract requirements.
- Approve purchases / expenditures related to projects / contracts.
- Meet margin goals for projects.
- Monitor expenditures against revenue for projects / contracts.
- Develop and monitor project schedules.
- Monitor customer satisfaction during and after project.
- Creates project work plans with input from Production Department and revises as required.
- Identifies resources needed and enlists or assigns responsibilities to other team members.
- Develop and disperse project budgets to Production Department and to Project Accounting group.
- Holds and directs a pre-job meeting with project staff (Production and Accounting) to ensure understanding of scope and requirements for day-to-day management of projects.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the project through production meetings or regular meetings dictated by customer.
- Investigate deviances in man/hour projections and revenue projections to determine cause (change in scope, poor performance, other) to minimize exposure or recognize source of additional revenue.
- Perform an overall job analysis with Production and Estimating Departments to review performance and establish standards for future work.
- Follow up with customer on satisfaction with project.
- Monitors individual performance and directs, advises, trains, fore-men, leads, and skilled trades.
Top Skills Details:
Project management,Change order,Project coordination,Engineering,Estimation,Electrical,Mechanical engineering,marine repair
- 6 + years of experience in ship repair/ fabrication experience
- Ability to obtain Rapid Gate/ DBIDS Credential for access to USN Facilities
- Security Clearance (Preferred)
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Must have strong work ethic, be se1f-motivated, and able to multitask
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office suite applications
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ongoing deadlines
- Ability to understand and administer OSHA, ABS Classification guidelines, USCG, NAVSEA and SOLAS requirements
- Willing to travel at least 30% of the time
We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage
based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may
depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, dental & vision
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life &
- Short and long-term disability
- Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HAS
- & DCFSA)
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off/Leave (PTO, Vacation, or Sick Leave)
Recruiter: Jayce Ikehara
Phone: (253) 733-4046