Job Search & More
Project Manager (MARINE)
Posted Thursday, July 6, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003887419
A Marine Industrial company is looking to hire a project manager to help support their Seattle facility!
- Defines, develops, and maintains production execution for assigned project. Maintains close support to assigned customers.
- Consideration of WIM departments and resources to meet project / contract requirements.
- Approve purchases / expenditures related to projects / contracts.
- Meet margin goals for projects.
- Monitor expenditures against revenue for projects / contracts.
- Develop and monitor project schedules.
- Monitor customer satisfaction during and after project.
- Creates project work plans with input from Production Department and revises as required.
- Identifies resources needed and enlists or assigns responsibilities to other team members.
- Develop and disperse project budgets to Production Department and to Project Accounting group.
- Holds and directs a pre-job meeting with project staff (Production and Accounting) to ensure understanding of scope and requirements for day-to-day management of projects.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the project through production meetings or regular meetings dictated by customer.
- Investigate deviances in man/hour projections and revenue projections to determine cause (change in scope, poor performance, other) to minimize exposure or recognize source of additional revenue.
- Perform an overall job analysis with Production and Estimating Departments to review performance and establish standards for future work.
- Follow up with customer on satisfaction with project.
- Monitors individual performance and directs, advises, trains, fore-men, leads, and skilled trades.
Top Skills Details:
Project management,Change order,Project coordination,Engineering,Estimation,Electrical,Mechanical engineering,marine repair
- 6 + years of experience in ship repair/ fabrication experience
- Ability to obtain Rapid Gate/ DBIDS Credential for access to USN Facilities
- Security Clearance (Preferred)
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Must have strong work ethic, be se1f-motivated, and able to multitask
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office suite applications
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ongoing deadlines
- Ability to understand and administer OSHA, ABS Classification guidelines, USCG, NAVSEA and SOLAS requirements
- Willing to travel at least 30% of the time
Recruiter: Duong Chi La