Production Operator (CZP)
Posting ID: JP-002053206
This Production Operator position involves running various automated machinery performing grinding and cutting functions for silicon crystal ingot processing. It will take place in a semi-cleanroom environment where operators must wear PPE including safety glasses or goggles, latex or Nitrile and nylon gloves, safety shoes, chemical resistant rubber boots, clean room suits, chemical apron, hair and/or beard net(s), face mask. Use of ear plugs is optional.
Operators work 12-hour Shifts, 6am to 6pm for day shift, or 6pm to 6am for night shift, on a compressed workweek alternating 3-ON/4-OFF and 4-ON/3-OFF weekly schedules which require working every other weekend and will likely entail additional overtime days when needed. Night shifts offer additional 15% shift differential pay incentive.
Operators are responsible for following complex, detailed procedures and to complete documentation per specifications to meet daily targets on time and without defect. They will be cross trained to eventually become certified to rotate among multiple process areas within the department.
Additional Essential Job Functions and requirements include:
- Ability to work around hazardous and volatile chemicals
- Move, lift, carry and transport material boxes filled with poly silicon wafers, weighing approximately 1 to 30 pounds each. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required as well
- Operate a cart on wheels to transport materials and equipment weighing anywhere from 20 lbs, up to approximately 200 lbs. by pushing / pulling
- Able to stand and sit for long periods of time, within a 12 hour shift
- Use of multitasking, time management, and high attention to detail
- Exercise judgement and critical thinking to approve or reject ingots that are not to specifications
- Develop and exercise skills to correctly operate manual and automated manufacturing equipment
- Review work orders and load material onto the appropriate machinery and input the correct recipes according to customer specifications
- Use a computer keyboard or manual controls to operate manufacturing equipment and tools and to input data, track and confirm each process step
- Complete computerized forms and labels, create concise detailed reports on shift activities and tool performance and other events
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and verify that all data and all processes are correct and meet quality specifications before moving material to the next process step
- Operate robotic equipment to lift, unload, raise, lower, transport material, products, other equipment
- Perform tasks to clean equipment and the area to meet clean room and 5S standards for that area
- Follows all documented training, procedures, and processes to meet quality and cleanroom standards
- Report and take action to prevent or stop variations, errors, or lapses in quality
- Ensures quality issues are reported, corrected, and not repeated
- Identifies and reports suggestions for improvement to supervisor or other appropriate manager
- Experienced, proficient, and accurate in the use of a computer, keyboard, and monitor.
- Experience in software use, such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook e-mail, or other similar software is desired.
- Can operate a calculator, and telephone
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English with management and co-workers
- Must have ability to read and write in English
- Ability to create, read, comprehends, and explains instructions, procedures, technical and informational manuals, reports, correspondence for self and for others
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Geoffrey Brown