Infectious Disease Lab Technologist
Posting ID: JP-002660187
Actalent is looking to hire a Infectious Disease Lab Technologist in Vancouver WA.
The Laboratory Technologist is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing samples using laboratory equipment and quickly reporting any problems to management.
• Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standards of all accrediting/regulatory agencies in a timely manner
• Operate laboratory instruments and equipment and perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
• Recognizes unusual patient results and identifies problems in analytical procedures/systems; responds with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
• Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
• Observes established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory
• Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
• Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution
• Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections of the laboratory.
• Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory and the use of the resulting information by physicians through continuing education activities.
• Consult with management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
• Accurately document and maintain all records for equipment and instruments
laboratory, automated instrumentation, infectious disease, PCR, serology, elisa assays, elisa, pcr dna, dna extraction, dna sequencing
Top Skills Details:
laboratory,automated instrumentation,infectious disease,PCR,serology,elisa assays,elisa,pcr dna,dna extraction,dna sequencing
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
• 1-2 years of lab experience (experience can be from education. Pref working heavily with DNA and human samples)
• Experience in a high throughput lab
• Experience with DNA and performing DNA extractions
• Proficient with a pipette (pref single, multi & micro)
• Experience with well plates (pref 96 & 384)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072