Posting ID: JP-002660153
The Research Associate supports the laboratory needs to maintain the R&D lab space and perform R&D research projects under the supervision of Principle Investigator (PI). Research projects include developing gene assay, protein biomarker assay, mass spectrometer-based assay, and other assays relevant to clinical diagnostic tests.
• Responsible for performing research and development experiments for projects and products, in collaboration with others.
• Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standards of all accrediting/regulatory agencies in a timely manner
• Operate laboratory instruments and equipment and perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
• Recognizes unusual patient results and identifies problems in analytical procedures/systems; responds with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
• Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
• Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
• Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution
• Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections of the laboratory.
• Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory and the use of the resulting information by physicians through continuing education activities.
• Consult with management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
ELISA, mass spectrometry, mass spec, LCMS, lc-ms, Laboratory, Biology, Biochemistry, hematology, medical laboratory, clinical trial, microbiology
Top Skills Details:
ELISA,mass spectrometry,mass spec,LCMS,lc-ms
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
• High level of proficiency with Mass Spec (Pref LCMS. GCMS plus) (Need to be able to develop & troubleshoot these types of assays independently)
• High level of proficiency with ELISA assays (knowledge of process and ability to reverse engineer - experience developing ELISA assays)
• Problem solving skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Team player, good personality
• Has worked in a CAP/CLIA accredited lab
• Quantitative analysis
• Experience creating ELISA assays from scratch
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072