Posting ID: JP-002632633
This position serves as a Land Surveyor providing support to the Mapping Supervisor within the Geomatics Organization. The Mapping Department is responsible for providing land survey and mapping support in the maintenance, operation and development of facilities.
- Provide professional acumen and recommendations regarding boundaries, titles and legal descriptions to and contract personnel, real property service staff, and other interested parties within and contracted with the agency.
- Review and analyze vague title policy matters and legal description issues, and inform management and/or staff of applicability.
- Analyze and resolve complex boundary survey issues, draft legal descriptions used to acquire real property rights for facilities utilizing existing document templates and established processes.
- Research Bureau of Land Management (BLM), state, county and city records for information concerning rights-of-way.
- In capacity as a Professional Surveyor, check and review Record of Surveys, Boundary Line Adjustments, Partition Plats and other official documents to be recorded at various federal, state and county government offices.
- Inspect and check assigned deliverables for accuracy and correctness. Deliverables include computation sheets, hard-shell and sheet plan and profile maps, and legal descriptions. Alert the Manager to any discrepancies.
- As requested by the manager, perform Project Acquisition Land Surveyor role for internal projects as well as contracted work. This role includes:
- Provide land surveying expertise to the project team
- Coordinate the identification of required tracts and draft legal descriptions for each of the tracts identified;
- Coordinate requests, review and certification of the tract titles; recommend the best method for accomplishing the project work.
- Assist in development of contract specifics.
- Coordinate and prioritize work for multiple projects. Track project timelines; review completed project work for accuracy and completeness.
- Report project delays and schedule changes, and other problems to the Project Coordinator and Mapping Supervisor; provide recommendations for resolution.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Bentley ProjectWise, ESRI ArcMap and other software for tracking, estimating, and reporting project work.
- Assist with process improvement efforts and associated administrative tasks as necessary.
- Maintain land survey databases and validate data quality of information entered.
- Review drawings and/or perform minor editing using the Bentley MicroStation computer drafting program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a closely-related field is preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in Land Surveying is required.
• Experience must include knowledge of professional surveying practices and procedures; state and federal laws affecting land surveying and boundaries.
• Professional Land Surveyor License is required, along with 4 years of experience performing licensed level work.
• 3 years’ experience of laws affecting land surveying and boundaries
• 3 years’ experience in creation and review of legal descriptions used to acquire real property rights
• Working knowledge of GIS
• Working knowledge of Bentley ProjectWise, ESRI ArcMap and Microsoft Excel
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072