Production Operator (PP)
Posting ID: JP-002088682
This Production Operator is an entry level general production position involved in the processing of silicon for semiconductor wafer manufacturing. This position will be responsible for following complex, detailed procedures and to complete documentation per specifications on time and without defect. They will use a variety of manual tools including hammers, scales, barcode scanners and a PC.
This position will be working a 10-hour Day Shift, Tuesday through Friday with additional overtime days when necessary.
The environment can be dirty and loud. Noise level can cause worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise. There can be exposure to fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils and other fluids that affects skin or respiratory systems when performing certain tasks. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clothing is provided and required to be used which will include safety glasses, job specific gloves/hand protection, face shield, forearm protection, area specific uniform, apron, and hair net are required. Use of ear plugs is optional.
Additional Essential Job Functions will include:
- Hand/wrist dexterity for constant repetitive motion and grasping tasks
- Ability to work around hazardous and or volatile chemicals.
- Standing, walking and frequent use of stairs for long periods are required
- Perform tasks to clean equipment and the area to meet clean room and 5S standards for that area
- Frequent lifting/exerting force between 10-20 lbs, and occasionally lifts/exerts up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, bend and crouch, often while lifting parts and using hand tools in such positions, may be required
- Works from product specifications, work procedures or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks
- Checks and inspects operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Ability to understand & follow all safety regulations
- Basic safety knowledge, including use of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) related to the process.
- Ability to fully understand danger points in the process
- Cross trains to become certified in one or more areas and rotates among various process areas
- Review work orders, process material to the appropriate size, and label the correct product type according to specifications
- Perform daily calibrations for process tools and verify all calibration data meets process specifications before releasing tool to production
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and verify that all data and all processes are correct and meet quality specifications before moving material to the next process step
- Ability to understand basic maintenance processes of assigned equipment
- Can learn process for handling equipment issues through team and maintenance resources.
- Must be able to multi task, input and interpret data and analyze facts to determine problems, solutions, course of action, while still keeping quality high
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a cohesive production team
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and decimals using a calculator
- Close vision (<2 feet) required, can see job within arm’s length
- Use a computer keyboard to input data, track and confirm incoming and outgoing material for each process step
- Complete computerized forms and labels for each lot, complete requests for delivery of materials and equipment per work orders and schedule requirements
- Use and answer a desk telephone, use of email to communicate with others
- Filing, paperwork, use document system to retrieve needed documents, operating copier or scanner
- Must have ability to speak effectively in English with management and co-workers
- Must have ability to read and write in English
- Ability to create, read, comprehend or explain instructions, procedures, technical and informational manuals, reports, correspondence for self and for others
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072